Their old logo was more of a diagram than a logo and would only be understood by the cognoscenti.
Most people would have no idea about how emission trading works, but they would probably think the following
- It's good for the planet
- It has to do with cleaning the air
- It has to do with trading something dirty for something clean
- It involves plants and trees and the atmosphere
- It works between countries around the globe
Our job as designers was to take that information and distill it into a symbol that represented the essence of what emission trading is all about.
The final logo we produced symbolised the following information.
- Circular movement, through a cycle, from dark and dirty to light and clean.
- A circle, suggesting wholeness and the blue planet
- New plant growth from dark to light and upwards